This Privacy Statement applies to the web site AmericanGirlLive.com (“AGL”), which has been created and is maintained by Mills Entertainment, LLC (“ME”). This Privacy Statement governs your use of AGL. Each time you access and/or use the AGL, you agree to be bound by and comply with all of the terms of this Privacy Statement. Do not use the Services if you do not agree to all of the terms of this Privacy Statement.
We want you and your family to have fun using AGL, and urge you and your family to follow common sense whenever disclosing personal information -on our website or anywhere else.
We take special precautions to protect the privacy of children. In general, we define “children” as users under 13, but adhere to local definitions of “children” where a different age applies. Wherever we ask for personal identifying information (like full name, e-mail address, phone number, or home address), we require that the person submitting such information to verify to us that they are at least 13 years of age. If no such verification is made, personal identifying information can not be submitted to us. If we are notified by a parent or guardian that a child under the age of 13 has submit-ted personal identifying information to us (if the child, for example, misrepresents his or her age to us) then we will immediately remove such information from our data file and bar such child from submitting personal identifying information to use in the future (to the extent that it is technologically feasible to do so).
WHAT WE COLLECT – ADULTS AND TEENS
We collect information from adults and teens to serve your needs, manage our content, operate efficiently, and improve our products and services.
- We collect personal contact information, like e-mail address or phone number, from adults and teens when voluntarily submitted, including when needed to fulfill transactions. Registration may be required to use some Services.
- We may obtain information from commercial sources and combine it with information we have collected.
- Certain information may be collected automatically in our Services, like your IP address, UDID, browser setting, operating system, referring domain, language preferences, mobile carrier if you are using a mobile device, general location (e.g., zip code, but not specific address without consent) and other information.
- You may be able to post or upload content, like comments, reviews, photos, etc. Registration may be required.
COOKIES AND TECHNOLOGY
- Our Services use technology, like cookies and web beacons, to manage registrations or access to certain features, store your settings and preferences, conduct age-screening, offer you personalized content, shop, help us understand the features that appeal to visitors, and manage advertising, among other things.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use information we collect to provide and improve our products and services, understand our consumers, and manage content and advertising.
We respect your choices about receiving promotional offers and updates from us. We will only send you things like newsletters and promotional offers if you opt-in on AGL. The option shall always be available for you to subsequently opt-out.
We will not share information, including personal contact details and other information with anyone except Mattel, Inc., the company that owns, manufactures and distributes American Girl products.
AGL may link to or use other content from Mattel, Inc. or to social media sites like Facebook or Instagram, which we do not control and whose privacy and data collection practices may differ from ours. Your computer or mobile device settings may allow you to block or partially block web access, but those settings may not be effective in all cases.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- We strive to maintain the security of information but cannot guarantee that information security measures are fail-safe.
- OUR LOCATION; DATA TRANSFERS
- AGL and the servers that make our services available are governed by U.S. law and may be located in the U.S. or other countries that may have different privacy laws than where you live. The use of our Services is subject to the collection, transfer, processing, and use of data in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Do not use the Services if you do not agree to this Privacy Statement.
- We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time by posting the updated Privacy Statement online. We will not change how we handle previously collected information without providing notice, and, as applicable, obtaining your consent.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- If you are a resident of California, you have certain rights to view what information about you that we have shared. See California Civil Code § 1798.83.
- DO NOT TRACK
- We do not take action to respond to do not track signals available on some browsers.
We strive always to be transparent and clear about our policies. Please contact us if you have questions or comments. We can be contacted at
468 Broadway, Suite C
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866